Spokane police: Two SWAT standoffs end with arrests of domestic violence suspects

<p><p>SWAT teams and hostage negotiators were called Sunday and Monday on two separate instances that ended peacefully with a pair of arrests, according to the Spokane Police Department.</p></p><p><p>The first incident at around 4:30 p.m. Sunday involved 47-year-old Todd L. Johnson, who police said was located in a residence on the 1900 block of West Sharp Avenue. Johnson, who has four felony convictions, is in the Spokane County Jail for second-degree assault.</p></p><p><p>Police said officers established probable cause to arrest Johnson on Sunday for the assault charge, alleging he struck a victim and held a knife to her neck during an altercation Oct. 19.</p></p><p><p>Johnson, police said, was uncooperative with officers Sunday and barricaded himself inside the home. Police said Johnson indicated he had a firearm, threatening officers and telling police they would have to kill him.</p></p><p><p>After more than four hours of negotiations, SWAT officers deployed a chemical agent into the residence, police said. Johnson was taken into custody shortly thereafter without further incident.</p></p><p><p>The second incident occurred Monday and involved the arrest of 41-year-old Jason Tittman, who was wanted on a felony assault warrant and a U.S. Marshal’s probation violation warrant stemming from a weapons offense, according to the police department. Tittman, who has 14 criminal convictions to his name, is not legally permitted to possess a firearm due to his criminal history, police said.</p></p><p><p> Police were able to locate and arrest Tittman with assistance from the U.S. Marshals Violent Offender Task Force, according to the police department.</p></p><p><p>Leading up to the arrest Monday, police said officers tracked Tittman down to a residence on the 4700 block of North Stone Street, arriving at around 11:30 a.m.</p></p><p><p>Officers convinced Tittman to surrender after about an hour and a half, police said. Investigators executed a search warrant, recovering at least one firearm from the residence, according to the police department.</p></p>